Exit Interview Counseling
Did you know?
The Federal Government requires the completion of an Exit Interview for students who are:
- Transferring to another school
- Dropping below six units
- Graduating and not returning to SDSU as at least a half-time student the following semester
If you are currently enrolled at SDSU as at least a half-time student, and will be enrolled at SDSU next semester as at least a half-time student, there is no need to complete an Exit Interview at this time. However, if you take a leave of absence, you WILL need to complete an exit interview at that time.
Exit Interview must be completed for any of the following loans you received while attending SDSU:
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Direct GradPlus Loan
- Federal Perkins Student Loan
- Federal Stafford Loan
- California Dream Loan
- Academic Endeavor Loan
- Direct Endeavor Loan
- University LongTerm Loan
Educational Computer Systems Inc (ECSI) will be assisting SDSU with the Exit Interview process. The purpose of this interview is to provide you with information concerning your responsibilities repayment terms and benefits. It also helps guide you in managing your student loans after college.
Be sure to read our guide to repaying your student loan.
Completing your Exit Interview
To complete your Exit Interview, log in to ECSI at: https://www.ecsi.net/myacct
Follow these instructions:
- School Code: A7
- Account: SSN or REDID
- Password or Pin Number: If unsure,refer to #3 on the My Account Login page,under "Having problems"
- Click on the My Account, Exit Interview link
- Follow the instructions for completion
- When you complete the exit in full, including the personal data and references, the results will be updated with SDSU.